In November, the national unemployment rate for black Americans, ages 16 and over, was 7.3%.
The last time it was 7.3% was in the year 2000, during the months September, October and November.
- This is the biggest annual-points gain for the Dow in its history.
- A 140-point rally Monday sent it to an all-time high and pushed it to the 5,000-point milestone.
- "It's getting a bit extended, but I think it has more room to run," says MKM Partners' Jonathan Krinsky.
- The CNBC All-America Economic Survey polled 800 adults across the nation.
- For the first time in at least 11 years, more than half of the respondents to the survey rated the economy as good or excellent.
- Forty-one percent expect the economy to improve in the next year, near a record.
- Forty-two percent of the job Trump is doing as president, up 4 points from the September survey, while 49 percent disapprove, down 3 points